These grants are designed to support undergraduate medical students interested in exploring a career in academic medicine gain experience in the research group of an AoP member.
£1,500 will be provided for each award.
Please refer to the Summer Studentships Guidelines for applicants
The 2021 / 2022 award round is now open
- The supervisor must be a current member of The Association of Physicians of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Applications to be submitted by 28 February 2022 for consideration by the Executive committee
- The decision of the committee shall be final
- Studentships can be taken up from June 2022
- Successful applicants are expected to present a poster of their work at the AoP Meeting in Spring 2023
Application Information; Please complete the online form.
||Ericka Maye, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Heath Park|
|2019/2020||Adanna Anomneze-Collins, Cardiff University School of Medicine, Heath Park
Sanchita Bhatia, Cardiff University Brain Research Imaging Centre
|2018/2019||Laurence Dobbie, University of Glasgow|
|2017/2018||Emily Boother, Imperial College London School of Medicine
Zoe Macqueen, University of Glasgow, School of Medicine
|2016/2017||Thomas Webb, University College London|