These grants are designed to provide recently appointed investigators with flexible research funding of up to £20k to perform research into internal medicine
Please click here to download the guidelines
The deadline for the December round of applications is now closed.
Applicants should be clinically qualified, post CCT and in possession of their PhD. They should be within their first five years of a substantive appointment within a UK or Irish University, or be on substantive fellowship funding such as a career development or senior fellowship award. NHS employees can also apply but it would be anticipated that they hold Honorary University appointments. Applicants should either be members of The Association, or be sponsored by a member. Previously successful applicants are not eligible to reapply to the scheme.
Awards can be submitted at any time, and will be considered twice a year (on 1st June and 1st December) by the Executive Committee. The exact deadlines for submission for each round will be posted on the Association website. You can submit your application by completing the online form below. Please note a CV of no more than 2 pages will be required at the time of application.
Application Information; Please complete the online form.
2019/2020 (December Round):
- Applications under review
2019/2020 (June Round):
- Ashwin Dhanda, University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
- Roger Thompson, University of Sheffield
2018/2019 (December Round):
- Claire Meek, Institute of Metabolic Science, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke’s Treatment Centre
- Thomas Pembroke, Cardiff University / University Hospital of Wales
- Aran Singanayagam, COPD and Asthma Section National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London
2018/2019 (June Round):
- James Bluett, The University of Manchester
- Fadil Hannan, Royal Liverpool University Hospital
- Dimitra Peppa, University of Oxford
- Peter Taylor, Cardiff University / University Hospital of Wales
2017/2018 (December Round):
- Eve Miller-Hodges, Edinburgh University
- Uazman Alam , University Hospital Aintree
2017/2018 (June Round):
- William Alazawi, Blizard Institute
- Neeraj Dhaun, British Heart Foundation
- Michael Marks, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Alex Rothman, University of Sheffield
- Jaime Vera, Brighton and Sussex Medical School University of Sussex
- Charalambos Gustav Antoniades, Imperial College London
- James Dear, Edinburgh University